The Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures would like to recognize the accomplishments of our faculty. A few are mentioned below:
- Yoshiko Matsumoto, Stanford Changing Human Experience Grant, 2020-21
- Part of Stanford's Long-Range Vision, intended to foster research in the humanities and social sciences that explores our changing world, including our changing bodies, minds, globe and political structures.
- Dafna Zur, Phi Beta Kappa Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2020-21
- The Phi Beta Kappa Teaching Prize recognizes excellence in teaching and the ability to inspire intellectual and personal development in and beyond the classroom.
- Dafna Zur, NextGen Scholar, 2020-21
- The U.S.-Korea NextGen Scholars Program is an initiative by CSIS Korea Chair and USC Korean Studies Institute with support from The Korea Foundation to help mentor the next generation of Korea specialists in the United States.
- Dafna Zur, Stanford Humanities Center Manuscript Review Workshop, 2016-17
- The Manuscript Review Workshops provide timely feedback to faculty members who are preparing monographs or other academic manuscripts of similar scope for submission for publication.
- Haiyan Lee, ACLS Frederick Burkhardt Residential Fellowship, 2015-16
- Residential fellowships support long-term, unusually ambitious projects undertaken by recently tenured scholars in the humanities and related social sciences, with the goal of producing a major piece of scholarly work.