- Our department offers Master of Arts (M.A.) degrees in Chinese and in Japanese. On average, students complete program requirements and receive their degree is two years.
- We are unable to offer financial aid to applicants who apply for the M.A., but encourage our students to seek outside funding/fellowships.
- Students who wish to spend the first year of graduate study at the Beijing or Yokohama Centers must obtain department approval first.
- Candidates for the degree must be in residence at Stanford in California during the final quarter of registration.
- A thesis or an annotated translation of a text of suitable literary or historical worth is required for the M.A. degree. Under special circumstances, a paper approved by the graduate adviser may be substituted.
The University's basic requirements for the master's degree, including a 45-unit minimum requirement, are given in the "Graduate Degrees" section of the University Bulletin. For questions about the Master of Arts program, please contact our Student Services Officer via email (email@example.com) or by scheduling an appointment: https://aitran.youcanbook.me/